Terms & Conditions
T & C’s
GO VERTICAL SUP HIRE POLICIES
Stand up paddle board hire is available for experienced paddlers between the ages of 8 to 80. SUP lessons are available for ages 8 to 80. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. For stand up paddle beginner lessons a minimum 50% deposit is required to confirm your enrolment, with the balance payable upon commencement of the lesson. All courses are subject to minimum and maximum enrolments in order to proceed and early bookings are strongly advised to avoid disappointment. In the event that a scheduled session is abandoned by Go Vertical SUP due to weather or other factors alternative sessions will be scheduled at no extra cost. Bad weather is considered as strong wind conditions, thunderstorms, or squalls. Lessons are not cancelled due to rainy conditions unless it is deemed unsafe to commence.
If your SUP experience is not able to go ahead due to extreme weather we will be reschedule your booking to another date. If you are unsure of the weather conditions please call us to find out if the event is planned to go ahead.
Once this experience has been confirmed changes are at the discretion of Go Vertical SUP Hire and arranged directly with them according to this policy:
- Greater than 48 hours prior to the experience date:10% charged to change the experience date and time
- Greater than 24 hours prior to the experience date: 50% per participant fee to change the experience date and time
- Within 24 hours of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals:Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book.
In the event that your lesson is cancelled by Go Vertical SUP Hire we will endeavor to reschedule to another date that suits you.
Any board damage is payable by the hirer or the guardian of any persons under the age of 18 years. When hiring a board for 1 day or longer a security deposit will be required and credit card details provided on delivery of equipment. If the equipment is returned to us damaged, the cost will be taken from the hirer’s credit card (the cost of repair will be determined by the board repairer chosen by Go Vertical SUP Hire). Water damage on boards will also incur a time frame cost of board being not hire-able.
In the case of a hirer causing damage to public property or personal items of others, the hirer/s are therefore liable to pay damages to the other party. This includes GCCCouncil equipment and amenities. Go Vertical will inform all paddlers of safety areas and what to be aware of. If the hirer is in doubt at any time please talk to instructor hiring the boards.
Hire of stand up paddle boards
The hirer is responsible for returning the board back to the beach on time. In the event that a board is returned late an extra charge will be incurred.
If you are late for your booked board hire we can not extend your time so ensure you are on time.
Before commencement of a lesson you will be asked to read this document below and sign the waiver form.
Terms and Conditions
- You warrant to Go Vertical SUP Hire that you are a person that is reasonably fit and able to use and maneuver stand up paddle boards and do not suffer from any or any significant injury, illness or infirmity that would prevent or hinder your use of a stand up paddle board.
- You indemnify the Go Vertical SUP Hire, its employees, servants and agents, regardless of any negligence, against: (a) all losses incurred by way of damage to public or personal property or for personal injury to you or any other person; (b) all liabilities, fines or charges incurred not included in the original hire fee; and (c) all legal costs incurred (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater and other expenses incurred by Go Vertical SUP Hire, its employees, servants or agents, in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation. compromise or out of court settlement or appeal) arising directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with the supply to you of or use by you of the stand up paddle boards or delivery of services provided to You, unless caused by the willful misconduct of Go Vertical SUP Hire or any of its employees, servants or agents acting within the scope of their engagement. You must pay to Go Vertical SUP Hire all liabilities, costs and other expenses referred to in this clause, whether or not the Company has paid or satisfied them.
- You agree to indemnify Go Vertical SUP Hire for any and all injuries or illness howsoever incurred associated with either directly, indirectly or incidental to the hire of stand up paddle boards including whether such injury or illness occurred during the hire of the stand up paddle boards or within a reasonable time thereafter.
- The price for the hire of the stand up paddle boards is payable prior to the commencement of any hire and will not be refunded to you should you use the stand up paddle boards for less than the time originally hired or you return the stand up paddle boards dissatisfied for any reason with your hire of the stand up paddle boards.
- Go Vertical SUP Hire reserves the right to refuse to offer the hire of boards to any person in the absolute and unfettered discretion of Go Vertical SUP Hire, its employees, servants and agents.
- All damages to the stand up paddle board or paddle incurred by the hirer is payable by the hirer on return. When hiring the board for more than an hour the hirer must leave a cash deposit that will be refunded on the return of the board. On weekend or weekly hire the hirer must give credit card details for a deposit.